We’re excited to reveal the addition of fourteen new members to the Liquid Network: Bluefire Capital, BTCTrader/BtcTurk, Cobo, Coinut, DMM Bitcoin, FRNT Financial, Gate.io, Huobi, OpenNode, Poolin, Prycto, Sideshift AI, TaoTao, and Tilde. The Liquid Network now boasts a total membership of 35 exchanges, trading desks, and financial institutions, with many more on the way.
Liquid Now Live on Bitfinex
In addition to the new members, leading Bitcoin exchange Bitfinex and digital asset lending management platform RenrenBit have gone live with Liquid integrations, and join The Rock Trading in offering Liquid Bitcoin (L-BTC) deposits and withdrawals to their customers.
“Issuing bitcoin, stablecoins, and various other digital assets under one blockchain platform makes a lot of sense. It reduces the integration burden for an exchange like ourselves, and traders can manage all their assets from a single wallet application.” - Paolo Ardoino, CTO of Bitfinex
New Integrations on the Way
More integrations have also been announced to go live over the next few weeks:
- Tether (USDT) and Stably (USDS) have revealed plans to launch their stablecoins on Liquid.
- BitMEX is working with Blockstream to support L-BTC deposits and withdrawals as part of a pilot program for Liquid Members.
- Cobo, Coinone, Coinut, GOPAX, and Huobi are all working on Liquid integrations to enable L-BTC deposits and withdrawals for their users.
- Poolin, a major cryptocurrency mining pool operator, will add the option for their customers to withdraw mining payouts directly in L-BTC, which can then be sent to exchange accounts for faster liquidation.
- BnkToTheFuture are integrating Liquid into their wallet app for L-BTC and other asset support.
Superpowers for Traders
The expansion of Liquid integrations has some major implications for the cryptocurrency market:
- Tighter spreads between exchanges: Traders will be able to rapidly circulate bitcoin and USDT around integrated exchanges to take advantage of pricing differences, reducing inter-exchange spreads across major trading pairs.
- Easier self-custody: Faster transactions will also allow traders to reliably take custody of their Liquid-based assets when not trading, reducing counterparty risk.
- Improved trading privacy: Unlike Bitcoin and other public blockchains, transactions on Liquid are private by default, hiding the amounts and types of assets transacted from third parties. Traders on Liquid no longer have to worry about front-running on large trades.
“The Blockstream team has done some fantastic work with Liquid, and it was a natural decision for Huobi to become one of the first members on the network. We expect Liquid to play an important role in establishing international standards in the exchange industry.” - Robin Zhu, COO of Huobi Group
Get Started on Liquid Today
We’ll also have some more exciting Liquid-related announcements during Blockchain Week. Send us an email if you’d like to meet in person!